With the KvalCAM Barcode Mapper API, a barcode that contains door processing data is decoded to create a KvalCAM door job. By way of a reader, the application transfers the door job data to the KvalCAM host for processing or editing. Some Highlights of the Barcode Mapper Application are:
- Works in the background with minimal use the Operator’s time.
- Allows easy editing of the door job data by the use of KvalCAM
- Can drop the door job directly in the Door Queue for fast door processing.
- Can be used locally or set up on the factory’s network.
- Can be used with all machines that use KvalCAM
- Barcode configuration can be generated locally by factory engineers (KVAL will happily configure the barcode to customer specifications at sale of application).
- History of the scanning is tracked.
- Any error’s are displayed for easy troubleshooting if necessary
- Manual input of barcode information may be entered.
The Barcode Mapper Application uses the following technology to create a door job from a barcode:
|RegEx||Using RegEx patterns you can match a barcode string, parse a code, and target specific locations in a given string.|
|JSON||The format used to represent door data.|
|J-Path||Selects part(s) of the job for modification in any action.|
The flowchart below illustrates the basic process of the Barcode Mapper Application. Each step is briefly described below.
1) Barcode Created
Barcodes are symbols that can be scanned electronically using laser or camera-based systems. Most commonly the barcode is created by a CRM or ERP system at the factory.They are used to encode the door specifications.
The Barcode Mapper Application does not read the barcode but listens to a serial port from an actual hardware barcode reader. The application analyzes the data and creates a door job for KvalCAM.
Regex is a sequence of characters that define a search pattern. In this application, Regex parses the door data to be processed by JSON and J-Path. Below is a sample of Regex from the Config Page.
3) JSON & J-Path
J-Path selects properties of a JSON object to be edited/updated from the input barcode string. J-Path is used by Actions, located on the Config page, to edit the JSON code to be sent to KvalCAM.
4) KvalCAM Web API
The Web API is a set of functions or procedures that allow the data from the Barcode Mapper Application to interface with KvalCAM. In this case a door can be processed immediately or edited.
Edited door job information cannot be sent back to the Barcode Mapper Application for editing.
5) KvalCAM Door Job
The door job is a package of door specifications and door process parameters. This information is then used to process a door by KvalCAM driving the machine. The information created by the Barcode Mapper Application is either inserted into KvalCAM for editing or put into the queue for direct processing.